- Te Manawa Taki Regional Equity Plan 2021-2022 [PDF, 3.1 MB] (published September 2021)
Te Manawa Taki Governance (DHB Board Chairs and Iwi Relationship Board Chairs) produce annually a Regional Equity Plan (REP). The Regional Equity Plan aligns Te Manawa Taki district health boards (Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Lakes, Hauora Tairāwhiti and Taranaki) priorities with shared regional objectives and vision He kapa kī tahi – a singular pursuit of Māori health equity.
- Waikato DHB Health System Plan, Te Korowai Waiora [PDF, 2.8 MB] (published August 2019)
A 10 year plan that sets out a pathway to meet the challenges of the future and to have a Waikato health system that works for our communities.
- Waikato DHB Resource Review [PDF, 3.5 MB] (published June 2019)
A commissioned review of Waikato DHB’s resources, to ascertain whether they are adequately allocated within the organisation, and identify areas where improvements can be made without compromising clinical safety and outcomes. The review focuses mainly on Waikato Hospital.
- Waikato DHB Strategy [PDF, 6.6 MB] (published 2016)
Developed after community consultation in 2016, the strategy established Waikato DHB’s vision and mission, and six strategic imperatives.
- Waikato Annual Plan 2021-22 [PDF, 2.3 MB] including Statement of Performance Expectations and the Waikato System Level Measure Plan.
- Waikato DHB Annual Report 2021 [PDF, 3 MB]
Archive Annual Plan
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2020-21 [PDF, 2.5 MB]
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2019-20 [PDF, 4.9 MB]
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2018-19 [PDF, 2.1 MB]
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2017-18 [PDF, 702 KB]
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2016-17 [PDF, 6.3 MB]
Archive Annual Report
Equity Report, Rapua Te Ara Matua
Human Resources and Organisational Development
Mental Health and Addictions
Midland Regional DHBs
Suicide Prevention and Postvention
Tumu Whakarae is the National Reference Group of Māori Health Strategy Managers within
District Health Boards.
- Tumu Whakarae Submission to Government Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction [PDF, 4.9 MB]
- Tumu Whakarae - Final report of Riki Nia Nia as Chair July 2020 [PDF, 9.9 MB]
Waikato Health Trust
Waikato DHB developed a set of position statements on identified public health issues.
The purpose of these position statements is to provide high level documents representing Waikato DHB’s position as an organisation on these issues, and to clarify the organisation’s position for Waikato DHB staff.
- Nutrition and Physical Activity [PDF, 370 KB]
- Gambling [PDF, 511 KB]
- Alcohol harm [PDF, 245 KB]
- Fluoride in drinking water [PDF, 127 KB]
- Housing [PDF, 400 KB]
- Immunisation [PDF, 340 KB]
- Land transport [PDF, 454 KB]
- Psychoactive substances [PDF, 308 KB]
- Tobacco Control [PDF, 223 KB]
- Urban environments [PDF, 341 KB] [PDF, 223 KB]
Health profiles provide data and information related to identified health priority areas and priority population groups in the Waikato DHB region.
The Youth Wellbeing Profile
Designed to inform and further enhance the work of Public Health in education settings. It will be used to guide the understanding of health and wellbeing among young people aged 13-24 years in the Waikato DHB region.
The objectives of this profile are to:
- identify the strengths of Waikato-based youth
- acknowledge potential areas of focus where additional support is needed
- explore the overlapping domains of health and education
- support a whole school approach to health and wellbeing in education settings.
Youth Wellbeing Profile 2019 [PDF, 8.2 MB]
Waikato DHB Pacific Health Profiles
These profiles provide a snapshot of key statistics around the health and wellbeing of the Māori and Pacific populations across the Waikato DHB region. The health indicators used in this document are reported in an info-graphic style and are structured specifically to Māori and Pacific models of health.
The main sources of statistical information contained in these documents are from the Statistics NZ Census, Waikato DHB Health Register, and Ministry of Health and for the Pacific profile, we have been able to obtain some primary care data.
Pacific Health Profiles [PDF, 1.6 MB]
Whānau Hauā Disabled Peoples Health and Wellbeing Profile
Co-designed as a tool for driving conversations toward equitable outcomes for whānau hauā (disabled peoples and their whānau) across the Waikato DHB region. The profile provides an overview of the health and wellbeing status of whānau hauā, using infographics and personal stories for ease of accessibility and understanding. Overall, it aims to present health and social determinants of health holistically, where health is the driver, and wellbeing is the outcome.
Waikato DHB Whanau Haua Disabled Peoples Health Wellbeing Profile 2021 [PDF, 7.4 MB]
Policies are available on request.