Aspects of our history have been published in several books over the years.
- Waikato Hospital Timeline book – based on the timeline mural displayed on Level 2 of the Meade Clinical Centre at Waikato Hospital, this book covers the history of Waikato Hospital in pictures.
- Changing Times, Changing Places: From Tokanui Hospital to Mental Health Services in the Waikato, 1910-2012. Edited by Catharine Coleborne and the Waikato Mental Health History Group (John Graham, Stephanie Lambert & Suzette Poole). The book is 264 pages in length and includes 49 black and white photographs. Copies can be purchased from the Waikato Health Memorabilia Trust.
- The Village on the Hill - Celebrating 125 years of Waikato Hospital is a new book produced in November 2011 to celebrate the 125th anniversary of Waikato Hospital. Funded by the Waikato Health Trust and printed locally by Print House, it includes some of the historical and more recent photographs from Waikato DHB's extensive collection, as well as staff profiles and a snapshot of current media releases that highlight the range of issues and activities at the hospital.
- Under One Roof - a history of Waikato Hospital by historian John Armstrong, was published in 2009. This is a 500-plus page book that tracks the evolution of Waikato Hospital in social, political and economic contexts, and particularly the development of medical specialisation. The book provides a detailed and referenced source of information. This book was commissioned by the Waikato Health Memorabilia Trust and printed by Half Court Press Ltd.
- From Cottage to Regional Base - Waikato Hospital 1887 to 1987, by Rex Wright-St Clair, was published 1987 to mark the hospital's centenary, and focuses on the early period of the hospital and its staff.