Gastroenterology Department, Waikato Hospital
- Gastroenterology services, acute and elective
- Diagnostic Upper Endoscopy, Colonoscopy and Capsule Endoscopy
- Advanced endoscopy services and intervention
Dr Frank Weilert
- We offer comprehensive acute and elective secondary and tertiary care gastroenterology services.
- Quaternary services in interventional endoscopy are provided regionally and nationally, including ERCP, Spyglass, EUS, POEM, Balloon Enteroscopy, HALO RFA.
- Outpatient services cover the full range of gastroenterology and hepatology, including specific IBD, hepatology, liver transplant and fibroscan clinics.
- Inpatient beds are available for IBD and Hepatology.
- Consulting services are offered for other acute GI conditions including haemorrhage.
- The department is actively engaged in clinical research and therapeutic clinical trials.
- We work in collaboration with the colorectal surgeons including joint clinics.
- Regular MDT meetings include radiology, pathology, upper and lower GI malignancy.
- Training: the service is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate training.
- Outpatient services - Gastroenterology Clinic, Day Infusion Services and Endoscopy Department – Reception I, Level 3, Meade Clinical Centre, Waikato Hospital
- Inpatient services - Ward A3, Acute Services Building, Waikato Hospital
Waikato Hospital: 07 839 8899
- Clinical Director - Gastroenterology
- Director of Endoscopy
- Service manager
- Seven gastroenterologists
- Two advanced trainees
- Nurse endoscopist
- IBD specialist nurse
- Hepatology nurse educator
- Clinical trial coordinators
Dr Jim Brooker
Dr Jim Brooker, MBBS, BSc, MRCP, MD, FRACP
Graduated 1991, Guys Hospital, London
Special interests: IBD, Capsule endoscopy, HALO RFA, Double Balloon Enteroscopy, POEM, pH/manometry, Breath Testing