Hapū Wānanga ki Tainui
A series of FREE kaupapa Māori Pregnancy Education Wānanga for all residence in the Waikato area.
- One Day Hapū Wānanga is a condensed wānanga that includes pregnancy changes, stages of labour, birthing, pain relief, medical intervention, parenting, safe sleep and breastfeeding
- Two Day Hapū Wānanga is a full complementary wānanga that includes pregnancy changes, stages of labour, birthing, pain relief, medical intervention, emotional changes, parenting, safe sleep and breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding WaiŪ Wānanga is a 2hour Pregnancy Breastfeeding Wānanga that includes preparing for baby, positioning, latching, breast and nipple care and tips and tricks on how to breastfeed successfully
- Māori Birthing Te poho o Nuku Wānanga is a 2hour therapeutic wānanga alongside TūTonu Hauora that includes traditional Māori Birthing Practices and contemporary birth plans, Rongoā Māori and the use of Taonga Pūoro from conception to birth
- Wahakura Waikawa Wānanga is an overnight Noho Marae where you can learn to weave your very own Wahakura Waikawa (Safe Sleep Bed) for pēpi alongside specialist weavers
- 'Pēpē and You' Wānanga is a half day wānanga to help prepare you for a new baby where you learn about feeding, your well-being, safe sleep and what to expect when pēpē arrives.
How to contact us
- Business hours are 8am-4pm
- Email email@example.com
- Text and call 027 331 0029
- Message our social media when you follow us on Facebook @HapuWanangaKiTainuiNZ and Instagram @hapuwanangakitainui.