- Controlling communicable disease
- Reducing causes of non-communicable disease
- Reducing or removing environmental hazards
- Emergency planning and response
Health Protection is charged with protecting and promoting public health with a focus on environmental health through risk assessment, risk mitigation and communication, with the support of legislation.
The Health Protection team is part of Waikato DHB’s Population Health services.
- Communicable disease
- Alcohol licensing
- Smokefree environments
- Smokefree hospitals (health target)
- Refugee and new migrant health screening
- Environmental health
- Drinking Water Assessment Service
- Drinking Water Assistance Programme
Level 5, Hugh Monckton Trust Building
Cnr Harwood and Rostrevor Streets
Service hours are 8am-4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Please phone or email us before visiting us.
A health protection officer is available on-call outside of office hours for urgent issues only on 021 999 521.