- Controlling communicable disease
- Reducing causes of non-communicable disease
- Reducing or removing environmental hazards
- Emergency planning and response
Health Protection is charged with protecting and promoting public health with a focus on environmental health through risk assessment, risk mitigation and communication, with the support of legislation.
The Health Protection team is part of Waikato DHB’s Population Health services.
Level 5, Hugh Monckton Trust Building
Cnr Harwood and Rostrevor Streets
Service hours are 8am-4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Please phone or email us before visiting us.
A health protection officer is available on-call outside of office hours for urgent issues only on 021 999 521.
- Communicable disease
- Food safety
- Liquor licensing
- Smokefree environments
- Smokefree hospitals (health target)
- Refugee and new migrant health screening
- Environmental health
- Drinking Water Assessment Service
- Drinking Water Assistance Programme