The second meeting of Waikato DHB’s Consumer Council took place on 5 April 2018. A range of matters were worked on, including:
- Mapping the Consumer Council’s priorities for focused work.
- Agreed processes for developing a work plan and identifying approaches to solutions.
- The need for improved data collection and sharing around people’s experiences was identified so we can understand what needs to be done to effect change. There are also identified gaps in disability data which will be explored over time.
- The Consumer Council’s ongoing engagement with Waikato DHB’s Health Systems Plan. The programme director provided an overview of this programme of work. An agreement was made for ongoing engagement between the Consumer Council and the Health Systems Planning process.
- A national community pharmacy consultation has been held regarding new contracting processes with community pharmacists. Consumer Council members have attended consultation meetings, and the Consumer Council has made a submission to the national consultation process.
- Waikato DHB’s Informed Consent Policy has been reviewed by the Consumer Council. Feedback will be provided.