Main areas of research
- PEPTIC study – Proton pump inhibitors versus histamine receptor blockers for ulcer prophylaxis therapy in the ICU.
- TARGET study – The augmented versus routine approach to giving energy trial.
- FAB study – Fluid after Bypass study.
- PLUS study – A pivotal, multicentre, parallel-group, double blind randomised controlled trial of plasmalyte use versus saline in adult critically ill patients deemed to require fluid resuscitation.
- TRANSFUSE study – A multi-centre randomised double blinded phase III trial of fresh versus standard issue of red blood cells for transfusion.