Group 2 and Group 3 vaccination information
When will I be vaccinated?
Information on when and how you can expect to be vaccinated for people in the Waikato District Health Board rohe.
We are currently vaccinating Group 2. You are in this group if you:
- are a high-risk frontline healthcare worker
- work in a long-term residential environment
- live in long-term residential care
- are an older Māori or Pacific person, whānau that live with them and their carers
Our current focus, within Group 2, is on vaccinating frontline healthcare workers from the primary, secondary and community sectors.
We have also started vaccinating older Māori or Pacific people cared for by whānau (and the people they live with and their carers) and aged residential care residents and their workforce. This will continue throughout May.
Actual timeframes might vary. This is due to invitations being sent out in groups.
Appointments for Group 2
If you are a frontline healthcare worker.
We are working very hard to book in and vaccinate all Group 2 frontline workers.
Our electronic booking system is up and running. Invites are now starting to be sent out by email to those who are eligible so they can schedule their own vaccinations at one of our sites.
In some areas, you may still receive a call from the vaccination schedulers for an invitation to be vaccinated.
How the booking system works:
- Those eligible will receive an invite to register using a link and unique validation number.
- You will need to answer a few questions to confirm your identity and eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Once registered, you can book both vaccination appointments at a time which suits you.
- When confirmed, you will receive an email with the details which need to show at your first appointment either on your phone or printed out.
If you haven’t been contacted by mid-May, speak to your employer or email email@example.com
For others in Group 2 who are not frontline healthcare workers, Waikato DHB or your local health provider will contact you and tell you how to make an appointment when it is your turn to be vaccinated.
Planning vaccinations for Group 3 and Group 4
- For those in Group 3 the estimated start time for vaccinations is sometime in late May – your local DHB will let you know when to take action. Keep an eye out for more information.
- For those in Group 4 the estimated start time for vaccinations is from July – so you don’t need to do anything just yet.
If you need to know more about the COVID-19 vaccine roll-out in the Waikato visit our website.