Displaying page 1 of 1 for accommodation assistance

Travel assistance

The National Travel Assistance Scheme (NTA) was set up to help people who travel a long way to specialist appointments get some of their travel expenses back.

To be eligible for the reimbursement, you must:

be referred from one specialist to another, and
travel a minimum distance or make a minimum number of trips, and
both specialists must also be part of a publicly funded health and disability support service.
If this sounds like your situation, check if you meet the criteria for an adult, a...


Who can refer to us?As we are a specialist service, tangata whaiora must be referred to us by a primary clinician. We receive our referrals from GPs, medical specialists and other community mental health teams. It is essential that the referrals are in writing. We expect the tangata whaiora’s GP to be informed and to remain involved as the primary medical caregiver.

What information do we require?We need to know the tangata whaiora name, date of birth, NHI number, address, telephone number, cul...

Nursing & Midwifery Education Fund

The Nursing and Midwifery Education Fund provides fair and equitable access to education for all nursing / midwifery staff at Waikato DHB.

What is the Nursing and Midwifery Education Fund?
The Nursing and Midwifery Education & Development Fund was established in 1999. The fund continues to be part of the NZNO MECA. It comprises of fees generated from a series of student practice placement agreements and the funds negotiated as part of the NZNO MECA (1999)

Who is eligible for funding?


CAPS Hauraki Inc

Ph: 07 868 8644
Address: 732 B Queen Street, Thames
Website: link)

CAPS Hauraki also have offices in Coromandel and Paeroa and Mary Street, Thames – please contact the Thames office on 07 868 8644 or for an appointment

9am - 4pm 

Counselling & Social work support,  Youth Services, and  SASS ( Sexual Abuse Support Service) with a 24/7 help line 0800 88 33 00.

Family Safe...