Support information for health care professionals using SmartHealth and HealthTap.
Creating a profile
Add role and specialty
Setting virtual practice office hours
Set or reset a password once an account has been created
Accept a care team request
Conduct an inbox consult - a text message consult
Conduct a live virtual consult - a text, audio or video consult in real time
Conduct an out of hours live virtual consult
Complete a SOAP Note
Initiate a consult with patient
Postpone completing a SOAP Note
Printing a SOAP Note
Viewing SOAP Notes
Create a prescription via SmartHealth
Create a prescription via CWS
Remove yourself from a patient's care team
Send a message to a patient
Test consults are available to ensure patients are able to successfully use SmartHealth, before having their first consultation.
Request a test consult
If you are organising a SmartHealth appointment or contact in iPM and you can see that this is the patient's first SmartHealth activity (regardless of the specialty), please request a test consult for the patient.
- A test consult should be requested at least 10 working days before the patient's actual SmartHealth appointment or contact (due to test consults only being available at certain times).
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Test consult required.
- Include in the body of the email: NHI, patient name, date/time of appointment, consultant name.
- The SmartHealth admin team will contact the patient to organise a date and time to carry out the test consult.
Please contact IS if you are a Waikato DHB health care professional and you would like to sign up to SmartHealth.
Once you have signed up, please refer to the following information to get started with online consultations.
Signing up your patients
- SmartHealth sign up - user guide for clinicians [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Online sign up form for 16 years old and over
- SmartHealth sign up form for 16 years old and over [PDF, 396 KB]
- SmartHealth sign up form for children under 16 years old [PDF, 163 KB]
- Smart Health sign up form for people who lack the capacity to manage their own account [PDF, 165 KB]
Consent form - SmartHealth assistance - residential facility
Support information for staff using the SmartHealth admin tool.
Creating an appointment
Rescheduling an appointment
Updating clinican availability
Cancelling an appointment
Changing clinician for an appointment
Staff employed by The Waikato DHB can log a request in the Customer Portal.
Go to: Requests > Log a Request > Written & Visual Communication > 361 Photograph and Audiovisual request.
- Job name: HealthTap Profile Photo.
- Job type: Project photography.
- Job description: HealthTap user profile photograph.
If you need to have a consult using your iPhone and do not want receive a phone call which could interfere with the consult quality, follow the following steps.
- Go to Settings in the iPhone.
- Select Do Not Disturb to view the settings.
- Set Manual to ON.
- Repeated Calls to Off.
- Silence to Always.
With these settings, you will still receive a SmartHealth/HealthTap call but phone calls will be silenced. Set them back after your consult to start receiving calls again.
You can view SOAP notes during a consultation with the patient or after you have completed at least one consultation with that patient.
During a consultation
Click on the Patient Chart button and then click on Questions & Consults. The section will expand to reveal questions the patient has asked and previous consultations.
After completing a consultation
Search for the patient in the Your Patients section. Patients you have had a consultation with will have a View transcript link that you can click on to view previous consults the patient has had with you or other health care professionals.
Please Note: If you have never had a consultation with that patient you will not be able to view their previous SOAP notes.
One issue is with the Corporate WiFi when using a data connection at the same time. Try turning off the Corporate WiFi and then starting again.