Integrated research and education
Inter-professional learning enables less fragmented care through better working relationships modelled in the learning environment.
- Develop an integrated approach to education and research for all Allied Health disciplines, which will drive patient centred care and ensure health service delivery meets the needs of the community.
- Give staff access to a wide range of quality education and research opportunities.
- Improve the translation of new findings into learning opportunities for the workforce.
Create an environment where skills, knowledge and values for practice within the health industry can be prepared and shared.
- Use evidence-based and world’s best practice knowledge.
- Promote, restore and maintain patient health through the transfer of the learner’s behaviour, knowledge, understanding, values or skills.
- Provide opportunities for learning that develop skills for health care delivery across the whole patient journey (prevention to palliation).
- Bring together multidisciplinary teams of clinicians working together in innovative learning environments focused on the whole patient journey.
Translate evidence-based practice, best models of care, scientifically based research and population health data into practical applications that improve health outcomes and wellbeing.
- Research shifts from a focus on hospitals and acute episodes of care to disease prevention and bringing care closer to the patient’s home.
- More patients participate in research, in particular clinical trials.
- Engagement in research will ensure that our staff are aware of its benefits.
Sustainable business models
Develop sustainable business models to deliver improved health care and lower costs, by organising education and research into commercially sound strategic units matched to resource requirements of our learners and the community.
- Understand the customer value proposition.
- Rethink traditional operating models and offer business models to help overcome hurdles, reach a solution and ensure it is delivered sustainably.
- Maintain partnership networks to connect stakeholders, share information, and support sustainable, long term outcomes.