At the heart of our work are the people in our care.
We strive to:
- give you the best care we can
- keep you safe and minimise any risks of harm
- listen to you and keep you informed
- find ways of doing things better, based on best evidence
Waikato DHB has made patient safety a priority and has clearly stated this in its Quality and Patient Safety Strategy 2012.
We will put our patients/clients and their experiences at the heart of everything we do. We must focus on delivering services where the quality of care we give is what we would expect for our loved ones. All our systems, processes and outcomes must ensure
- every patient/client receives the right treatment at the right time in the right place
- our systems must be safe, with no avoidable injury or harm to people from the health care they receive
- our care environments must be clean and safe.