Services for children and young people include:
See details about these services below.
Eligibility: Services are free from birth to your 18th birthday.
However if you are not a New Zealand citizen, you need to meet eligibility criteria for publicly-funded health and disability services.
Visit www.moh.govt.nz/eligibility (external link) . To enrol you may need to provide proof of eligibility such as your child’s passport and parent’s visa documents or citizenship certificate
Children’s dental services include free dental checks, preventing and repairing decay if required.
Our staff regularly visit many early childhood centres and schools across the region.
Hours of Service
8.15am – 4.15pm Monday to Friday during school terms.
Some clinics may be earlier or later and during school holidays.
Phone the appointment number below for details.
Community dental clinics (wheelchair access available)
- Crawshaw Primary School, Cranshaw Drive, Nawton, Hamilton - Google map (external link)
- Fairfield Intermediate School, Kensington Place, Fairfield, Hamilton - Google map (external link)
- Frankton Primary School, Massey Street, Frankton, Hamilton - Google map (external link)
- Peachgrove Intermediate School, Peachgrove Road, Hamilton - Google map (external link)
- Morrinsville Primary School, Moorhouse Street entrance, Morrinsville - Google map (external link)
- Firth School, Station Road, Matamata - Google map (external link)
- Cambridge Middle School, Corner Bryce and Clare Streets, Cambridge - Google map (external link)
- Tokoroa Community Dental Clinic, at the South Waikato Health Centre (where Tokoroa Hospital is), access via Gate 3, Maraetai Road, Tokoroa
Mobile dental clinic (no wheelchair access) - please check with your school or with the service for the 2014 schedule
Manager, Community Oral Health
Phone 07 859 9160 or email email@example.com
Enrolments: Phone 07 859 9160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments: Phone 07 859 9160
Information: 0800 TALK TEETH or 0800 825 583
Community Oral Health
Private Bag 3200
Waikato DHB has contracts with dentists for FREE dental care for adolescents until their 18th birthday.
If enrolled, you will be booked for a free dental check every 12 months and free treatments for preventing or repairing decay.
Services are available for Community Service card holder access to emergency dental care for relief of pain and infection. Contact your dentist or the local WINZ office (external link) for details.
For a list of Waikato dentists offering this service, go to our Primary health care/Dental care page.