Kaitiaki Frontline Service offers cultural support for Māori and their whānau, who are accessing health and disability services in Waiora Waikato, Tokoroa, Te Kuiti, Thames and Taumaranui hospitals.
Patients and their whānau can be put in touch with Kaitiaki by asking ward staff to refer them, or by phoning the Kaitiaki team leader.
What is the role of Kaitiaki?
- To offer assistance, regarding Māori beliefs, values and cultural practices
- To offer assistance, regarding Tupapaku, Māori values and cultural practices and whanau hui
- To offer support for Māori patients during their admission in hospital
- To help the patient and whānau understand the type of care provided by health clinicians
- To link patients to other hospital services that can help them while they are in hospital
- To link patient and whānau to external support services.
Phone 021 806 171
For Waiora Waikato Hospital Campus
- Tumanako Haumaha
- Dale Marriott
- Hori Solomon
- Tau Smith - Renal dialysis
- Sharlene Henry - After hours
- Hineiri Rangitutia - Breast screening
- Maata McManus - Oral Health
For Tokoroa Hospital
- Hemi Curtis
For Thames Hospital
- Susan King
For Taumarunui Hospital and Te Kuiti Hospital
- Rangiarahina Onehi